Head of the laboratory:
pHD of Agricultural Sciences, Senior Research Scientist
mobile: +38 098 448-87-25
The aim of the laboratory is studies of molecular-genetic and biochemical peculiarities of the genetic pool of culture fish species.
The importance of the laboratory activities is related to the urgent problem of the modern aquaculture of Ukraine – a need for the development of scientific foundations of research strategy, conservation and restoration of different fish species and clarification of the polymorphism nature of molecular-genetic markers for the accumulation of genetic data for fish species in aquaculture.
The methodology of scientific research supposes the use of the analysis of structural gene products (transport proteins and enzymes), determination of enzyme activity, use of the methods of vertical gel-electrophoresis in polyacrylamide gel and electrophoretic distribution of proteins and enzymes in starch gels with following histochemical staining and statistical analysis of obtained results.
Major areas of the lab activities:
- genetic monitoring of fish populations in aquaculture enterprises of Ukraine;
- studies of the peculiarities of genetic pool formation in cultured fish species based on genetic-biochemical markers;
- analysis of heterogeneity, genetic equilibrium, cluster analysis of genetic relationships in fish populations;
- use of marker genes in aquaculture practice;
- studies of the activities of antioxidant protection enzymes (APE) and lipid oxidation products (LOP) in different fish species.
Propositions of services for individuals and legal entities:
- identification of brood stocks;
- inventory of fish breeds and breed groups;
- organization of genetic banks of different carriers of genetic information;
- determination of genetic relationship degree, phylogenetic relationships between fish populations;
- antioxidant status assessment in different fish species.