Sen. Res. Sc.
phone: +38 (03) 231-24-135;
mob.: +38 (067) 238-62-62;
Aim of the sector – studies of biological and environmentally-geographic peculiarities of the spread of fish disease agents.
Importance of the sector activities – determination of the patterns of the occurrence of the most common fish diseases in aquaculture in current environmental conditions.
Parasitological studies are carried out using standard methods of I.E. Bykhovskaya-Pavlovskaya (1969) and K.V. Sekretariuk (2001), study of parasite effects on fish hematological and biochemical parameters including protein content determination – [Bradford M.M., 1976], study of dien conjugate concentration – [Stalnaya I.D., 1977], determination of TBA-active products – [Korabeinikova S.N., 1989], superoxiddismutase activity – [Dubinina E.E., 1983], catalase activity – [Koroliuk M.A., 1988].
Major areas of the laboratory activities:
- determination of the effect of immune-modulating preparations of fish resistance;
- development of the methods for the use of new therapeutic and prophylactic products aimed at increasing fish survivability rate at different technological stages;
- study of the effect of new disinfectants (e.g., Kristal 1000, Epidez, Don, Vitan, etc.) on pathogenic microflora; complex studies of the effect of biologically active preparations of plant origin (milk thistle, amaranth, purple coneflower) and synthetic preparations (Enroflox, Furazolidone, Brovaceptol) on the course of fish aeromonosis.
- study of the effects of different preparations on crustacean parasites (crustaceoses): Sinergasilus lieni and Lernaea cyprinacea.
Propositions of services for individuals and legal entities:
- parasitological studies of fish;
- development of methods for prevention and treatment of parasitic and infectious diseases of pond fish;
- study of epizootic situations in fish farms.