Passport of the specialty 06.02.03 – aquaculture
Approved by the regulation of the
Presidium of the SAC of Ukraine
of 11.10.2000 № 25-09/8
PASSPORT OF THE SPECIALTY
06.02.03 – aquaculture
I. Specialty formula:
Field of science, which studies the biological and technological fundamentals of commercial fish rearing, their growing to one or another age stage. It carries out ecological, biological, embryological, physiological, and ichthyopathological studies of fish, other aquatic organisms, their interaction with environment, directionally acts on the ecosystems of fisheries water bodies in warm water, cold water, and industrial aquaculture. It develops biological basis for aquaculture, ichthyopathological measures, technologies of basic fish culture processes and systems of their modeling (breeding, rearing of valuable fish species, other aquatic organisms and invertebrates, acclimatization, selection, effect of intensification measures on fish and their environment – feeding, fertilizers, enhancement, preventive measures, optimization aquaculture models), performs economical monitoring in aquaculture, develops the ways for increasing its economical efficiency and optimization.
II. Fields of studies:
- Populational and biocenotic – study of the structure and functioning of populations and cenoses of aquatic organisms in fisheries water bodies of different trophic levels (bacterioplankton, phytoplankton, zoobenthos, macrophytes, different fish species).
- Productional – study of the productivity of aquatic organisms, invertebrates and development of the methods of its increase, regulation due to focused changes in the ecosystems of fisheries water bodies, creation of theoretical and practical bases of aquaculture and its rational performance, selective-genetic enhancement of aquaculture objects.
- Fish ecological physiology and biochemistry – study of the effect of different factors on the methabolism of fish, other aquatic organisms, their role in water body bioproductivity; ecological-cytological monitoring, histological analysis, development of the methods for bioproductive process regulation in fisheries water bodies.
- Trophological – study of feeding processes and metabolism of aquatic organisms, energy transformation under the effect of abiotic, biotic factors and human impact.
- Toxicological – study of hydrochemical, toxicological factors and their effect on productive processes in water bodies, mechanism of their action, fish growth and development under the effect of these factors, determination of maximum allowable concentrations of toxicants and radionuclides for fish.
- Ichthyopathological – study of fish disease etiology taking into account environmental conditions, pathological changes in fish organism depending on the nature of causative agents, development of methods and measures for the protection of fish against diseases.
- Technological – study of relationship between productive, populational, biocenotic components of fisheries water bodies under the conditions of different forms and cycles of aquaculture, with the use of the polyculture of fishes belonging to different trophic levels, economical analysis and evaluation of technological processes, development of targeted optimization methods in aquaculture.
III. Academic degrees are awarded in the following field of science: