Head of the laboratory:
The aim of laboratory activities is a search for ways and methods of increasing fish productivity in fishponds by feeding, optimization of all links of fish feeding, rationalization of the application of artificial and natural feeds in aquaculture, creation of economically profitable combined feeds and premixes.
The importance of the laboratory is related to the fact that a significant part in aquaculture production costs are feed-related ones. Hence, an important issue is to solve the problem of increasing the coefficient of artificial feed performance, rational feeding of different fish species, replacement of expensive components of combined feeds by cheaper non-traditional ones.
The methods of the laboratory include the use of biochemical, physiological, and histological studies, production inspection of created products and adaptation for production. Experimental works are carried out by the department in lab and field settings with the use of the facilities of research stations and fish farm of the Institute.
Major areas of the laboratory activities:
- development and improvement of schemes of rationed fish feeding;
- assessment of feed and ration energy value;
- determination of the requirements of multiple-age groups of different fish species in nutrients depending on their physiological condition;
- determination of the effect of individual feed components on fish technical and biochemical parameters;
- creation of new and improvement of existing systems and methods of fish feeding;
- development and production inspection of experimental mixed feeds and combined feed formulas;
- study of the composition and nutritive value of artificial and natural feeds;
- enrichment of feeds with growth- and immune-stimulating substances;
- optimization of fish feeding and fish production.
Propositions of services for individuals and legal entities:
- development of optimum diets and schemes of rationed feeding for different fish species depending on fish farm type and feed components used;
- establishment of the norms of adding new balanced combined feeds and non-traditional feed crops to the main diet;
- determination of digestibility and nutritive value of feeds and feed supplements, evaluation of their effect on physiological-biochemical parameters of fish organism;
- production inspection of new types of combined feed products and estimation of the economic efficiency of their use;
- development and approval of normative documents according to the production inspection results.